ADSM-L

Foolish question

2015-10-04 18:03:49
Subject: Foolish question
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/20/97 1:35PM
Actually, I think this is a good question, as I have a ThinkPad, and have the
same problem.  And BTW, this is not an IBM Hardware problem, because I have
had customers with Brand X hardware, and have made the same complaint.

The best answer that has been suggested here (this is not a new question) is
that this is a hardware issue - ADSM goes out to check what's available, and
with the Floppy drive not installed, the hardware timeout goes on much longer
than if the drive was installed but empty.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/20/97 1:35 PM

I have a foolish Question that I haven't been able to figure out
myself.  We have several Thinkpads using ADSM for backup.  Most of these
Thinkpads do not have a floppy disk in them all of the time.  How can I
tell ADSM not to search for a floppy disk when it starts up?  I have had
people say it's hung up, only to find it was searching for the floppy.
Is their a timeout I can set if I can't disable the searching?

Thanks,

Rod Richeson
AMX Systems, Inc.
rricheson AT amxinc DOT com