ADSM-L

Re: How to start scheduler on NT client

1997-11-20 11:46:33
Subject: Re: How to start scheduler on NT client
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 11:46:33 -0500
The information you are reading about AT is pretty outdated.

Look at the icons in the ADSM program group window.
One of them is called "installing the service".

Click that icon and it will open a DOS window and prompt you through
installing the ADSM Scheduler as an NT "service" that runs in the
background.

Take all the defaults for the prompts.  The one exception is if you have
registered your machine with the ADSM server under a different nodename
than the NT machine network name.  Then when you are installing the
service, when it displays the machine name, you reply NO and give it the
ADSM nodename you want to use instead.

The documentation for the NT service is in the README file that comes
with the client.
There is also an icon for the README in the program group.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
301-953-6000 X8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert