ADSM-L

Restoring Empty Directories For Disaster Recovery

2015-10-04 18:03:48
Subject: Restoring Empty Directories For Disaster Recovery
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/19/97 12:37PM
ADSM Incremental Backups will backup empty directory entries, and will also
restore them.  Selective backup and Archive will not.

This has been noted as a problem in the past, and as I understand it, has
been fixed with V3 - particularly the Archive of empty directories.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/19/97 12:37 PM

Hi All,
Our environment is MVS Server;ADSM version 2.

 Is there any way ADSM can be set (up using ARCHIVE, INCREMENTAL,
and SELECTIVE) to identify empty directories which exist.  If a file system
has to be restored on another machine during disaster recovery, these
empty directories need to also be recreated.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Tony Pietrusiewicz
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois