ADSM-L

Re: adsm and network considerations

1997-11-20 10:34:22
Subject: Re: adsm and network considerations
From: "Rodney S. Richeson" <rricheson AT AMXINC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 07:34:22 -0800
I by no means all knowing in this area, but you only have one token, and a 16mb
pipe.  You could have several NIC's but your limit is wire speed.  If you had
seperate rings then you would see more performance, but IMHO you won't see an
increase by doing that with the info you've provided.  I don't think you'll see
a great increase going to 100mb Ethernet either.  Once again my opinion.

Rod Richeson
AMX Systems, Inc.
rricheson AT amxinc DOT com