ADSM-L

Expiration under V3

1997-11-19 15:39:01
Subject: Expiration under V3
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 12:39:01 -0800
The report that 'query process' gives for an 'expire inventory'
command has changed slightly with V3 and I had a question or two
for folks on the list.

It used to indicate which node was being examined, and how many
objects from that node had been inspected and deleted. Now it
just seems to give a cumulative total. What makes me nervous is
that every time I've looked at that process, the percentage of
objects that have been deleted is *very* high, generally
somewhere near 95% of all objects inspected.

Is ADSM deleting valid objects? I wouldn't have expected that
more than 90% of all the objects it inspects would be candidates
for deletion. Or is it doing some type of aggregation?

Just curious, and a little nervous.

 -- Tom

"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
 game and the good lord came to take me   DBA, Feature Animation
 the next day ... at least I could        DreamWorks SKG
 die happy." - Beano Cook, ESPN           <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>