ADSM-L

Re[2]: backup db

1997-11-19 11:11:53
Subject: Re[2]: backup db
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 10:11:53 -0600
     NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!

     Think of it this way:  A database backup (any kind) is a point in time
     occurrence.  You have info, back it up, AND TAKE IT AWAY for safe
     keeping.  Stacking db backups is like having a pen-pal who, despite
     the monthly letter you send, doesn't seem to send any back, until the
     end-of-tape  err I mean end-of-year when you get 1 letter with ALL the
     lost, stepped on, burned, shredded, is unreadable, or just
     mis-delivered?  YOU GOT NOTHING THEN!