ADSM-L

TCP/IP port under Solaris.

2015-10-04 18:03:48
Subject: TCP/IP port under Solaris.
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/18/97 4:04PM
The TCPPORT number is specified in the DSM.SYS file.  The standard ADSM
convention is to use 1500 as the port, but that is obviously changeable if
you modify the server options file.

I don't recall where I have seen it, but there have been times when I have
seen messages (probably in the activity log) that have indicated that ADSM
also uses 1501, but I can't confirm this.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/18/97 4:04 PM

Hello,

What tcp/ip port does a unix Solaris ADSM client use when it makes a
connection to the server?

Is it variable? How can I check what port it is using?

Thank You,
  Mark Brown, Operations Supervisor
  McGill University, Computing Centre
  Phone (514) 398-2321