ADSM-L

ADSM Trace Option for client TCPIP address

1997-11-18 16:36:53
Subject: ADSM Trace Option for client TCPIP address
From: "Norman W. Russell" <nrussell AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 16:36:53 -0500
We have many ADSM OS/2 clients that have received an ADSM install image
put together by a local build team which has a customized DSM.OPT file
with a NODENAME statement of HOST.NAME.IBM.COM

With this install image comes the directions for customers to change
their DSM.OPT NODENAME statement to their correct nameserver defined
name. Being that as it may, we now have several ADSM clients trying
to connect to the ADSM server and the server is getting hit with several
occurences of ANR0422W Session xxxxx for node HOST.NAME.IBM.COM refused -
node name not registered -    because these DSM.OPT files never got
changed.

We have closed this loophole now, but we need to go back to these older
image machines and fix them. But we have several ADSM clients trying to
connect with the same NODENAME. The only way I can think of to find out
who these nodes are would be to do some type of tracing (ADSM or TCPIP)
which gives me the IP address of where these ADSM server connection
attempts are coming from.

Does anyone have any experience with either trace option that could
offer some advice or any techniques that could help clean up this mess
that we see on our ADSM server. The server environment is AIX 4.1.4
and ADSM 2.1.0.13.

Thanks,
Norm Russell

Norm Russell, IBM Microelectronics, Distributed Computing Services
Norm Russell, IBM Microelectronics, Distributed Computing Services
IBM e-mail: nrussell AT btv.ibm DOT com  Internet e-mail: nrussell AT vnet.ibm
DOT com
Tel: 802-769-4088 (tie: 446), Fax: 802-769-4253 (tie: 446)