ADSM-L

ADSM and the NT Service

1997-11-18 11:52:19
Subject: ADSM and the NT Service
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:52:19 -0500
On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 12:35:21 -0600 "Moir,Elizabeth"
<Elizabeth.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM> stated:

>A question to IBM:  Does this mean that this end user can't run VirusScan
>anymore, or was it simply because VirusScan was running when I was trying to
>install?

It is likely that VirusScan was simply affecting the install.  Many Windows
installation program notes include a reminder to disable virus scanning prior
to installation.  Though the installation is not affect by IBM AntiVirus, I
will add a note to the readme of future PTFs as a reminder to disable virus
scanners if a problem is encountered during installation.

Regards,

Mike Dile
ADSM Client Development
mikedile AT us.ibm DOT com