ADSM-L

Problem installing ADSM on WIN95

1997-11-18 11:43:44
Subject: Problem installing ADSM on WIN95
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:43:44 -0500
On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 17:02:36 +0100 Gerhard
Rentschler<G.Rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE> stated:

>I can't install the V3.1 Win32 client on the German version of WIN95.
>During the run of SETUP I get an error message stating that _ins0432
>is aborted because of an illegal statement sequence. It also says the
>problem is in KERNEL32.DLL at address 0137:bff9a3c0.
>The software is at PTF 1.
>Is this a known problem?

No, this is not a known problem.  Can you please provide further details
such as:

1. Level of Win95 (original Win95 or OEM service release 2)
2. Point of failure of the installation.  Were any dialogs displayed prior
   the error message or did this message happen immediately when you ran
   setup?

Regards,

Mike Dile
ADSM Client Development