ADSM-L

Re: More on Database tape copies

1997-11-17 14:17:00
Subject: Re: More on Database tape copies
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 14:17:00 -0500
Text item: Body.822
Oops - I included the wrong jcl.  The right jcl does have 'DSN=ADSM.DBB'.

I use specific volumes, not scratch tapes, so I can key on the volsers to
trigger the copies.

If you don't have any other ADSM process writting tapes when the full dbb is
going on, you could activate the copies by setting a switch when the full
dbb starts (message ANR2280I) and turn the switch off when it ends
(ANR4550I). Or after it is all done, you could generate something from query
volhist output.

I use Automate/MVS from Lege .. oops CA.  Here are the triggering rules.

*
* Submit a job to copy a full tape. Start a clist to
* actually submit the job.
*
NR5208I1: MSGID(ANR5208I)
          WHEN(&JOBNAME = ADSMSRV &&
               &WORD4 GE 847800 &&
               &WORD4 LE 847899 &&
               &WORD5(2:4) = upd)
          CLIST(ADTCOPYP &WORD4)
*
* Incremental database backup processing. Do an HSM backup of an ADSM
* incremental DB Backup to dev=file on SMS disks.
*
NR5208I2: MSGID(ANR5208I)
          WHEN(&JOBNAME = ADSMSRV &&
               &WORD4(15:17) = DBB)
          OSCMD('F HSM,BACKDS &WORD4(1:17)')
*
* run a clist to update the tapes used for a full backup.
*
NR4550I1: MSGID(ANR4550I)
          WHEN(&JOBNAME = ADSMSRV)
          CLIST(ADDBBK02)