ADSM-L

Re: Recovery Log anomaly

1997-11-17 12:52:55
Subject: Re: Recovery Log anomaly
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 12:52:55 -0500
Jerry,

Try searching IBMLINK, if you have access.
I had this problem, too, and my server is AIX 2.1.5.12.
No matter how many incrementals you run, it just keeps kicking off
incrementals.

I believe I found a hit in IBMLINK that said that a long-running
transaction can keep entries "pinned" in the recovery log.

So no matter how many incrementals you do, it doesn't clear the recovery
log.
You can kill the problem by bouncing the server, or killing the
long-running process (in your case, possibly the Expire Inventory).

After it happened a couple of times, I just made my recovery log a lot
bigger, and haven't had the problem since

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
301-953-6000 X8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert
.