ADSM-L

More on Database tape copies

1997-11-17 12:38:22
Subject: More on Database tape copies
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 12:38:22 -0500
For Bill Colwell

(I apologize to the list for sending this, but my mailer truncates the mail
headers, so I can't find individual mail addresses from the notes I receive.
Perhaps some will get something from this as a a saving grace.)

Anyway....

In the discussion from about a week ago on the duplication of tapes, you
included the following JCL:

------ Bill's original text
Yes, I copy the dbbackup tapes after a full backup.  I send the copies
Yes, I copy the dbbackup tapes after a full backup.  I send the copies
offsite and keep the orginals onsite.  My full backups are to specific
volumes, and the copies are to specific volumes.  The copy jobs are submitted
by my system automation tool, triggerred by message ANR5208I. The copy job
jcl in 'sys1.proclib' is --

//ADTCOPYP PROC TI=,TO=
//GENER0   EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSUT1   DD  DSN=ADSM.BFS,DISP=SHR,UNIT=3490, //
VOL=SER=&TI,DCB=(BUFNO=50)
//SYSUT2   DD  DSN=ADSM.BFS,DISP=(,KEEP),BUFNO=50,TRTCH=COMP, //
UNIT=3490,VOL=SER=&TO
//SYSIN    DD  DUMMY

----- End of included stuff.
One question - the ANR5208I message seems to be issued for every tape
One question - the ANR5208I message seems to be issued for every tape
dismount.  How do you select out the ones for the DBB backups?  The JCL says
you are copying the backup pool tapes.

Jerry Lawson