ADSM-L

RS6000 Files

1997-11-13 13:03:11
Subject: RS6000 Files
From: Frank Rehor <Frank.Rehor AT CLOROX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:03:11 -0800
Hi,

We just inherited a couple of RS6000 Model 591's with IBM SSA Storage
Systems that run MVS Operating Systems.  I'm told that the MVS files on the
RS6000 are actually Unix under the covers, although at this point I don't
have a clear understanding of the file structure.  My question:  is it
possible to install an ADSM AIX client on the systems and use ADSM to
backup the MVS files (we have ADSM/MVS on our Amdahl mainframe)?

Any clarification on this issue will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank Rehor
The Clorox Company
frank.rehor AT clorox DOT com