ADSM-L

Re: ADSM MVS Database tape copies.

1997-11-13 12:28:00
Subject: Re: ADSM MVS Database tape copies.
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:28:00 -0500
Yes, I copy the dbbackup tapes after a full backup.  I send the copies
offsite and keep the orginals onsite.  My full backups are to specific
volumes, and the copies are to specific volumes.  The copy jobs are
submitted by my system automation tool, triggerred by message ANR5208I.
The copy job jcl in 'sys1.proclib' is --

//ADTCOPYP PROC TI=,TO=
//GENER0   EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSUT1   DD  DSN=ADSM.BFS,DISP=SHR,UNIT=3490,
//             VOL=SER=&TI,DCB=(BUFNO=50)
//SYSUT2   DD  DSN=ADSM.BFS,DISP=(,KEEP),BUFNO=50,TRTCH=COMP,
//             UNIT=3490,VOL=SER=&TO
//SYSIN    DD  DUMMY

Bill Colwell
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory