ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and the NT Service

1997-11-13 12:01:45
Subject: Re: ADSM and the NT Service
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 11:01:45 -0600
Beth,

 Check your NT event logs.  This is a really strange problem and hopefully
something will show up in either the system or application log.  This
sounds like a relatively serious problem, a corrupt DLL or bad memory chip
or something.  If you see nothing wrong with any other application I would
definitely open a problem with IBM.

Let us know,
 Dan T.

----------
> From: Moir,Elizabeth <Elizabeth.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
> From: Moir,Elizabeth <Elizabeth.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: Re: ADSM and the NT Service
> Date: Thursday, November 13, 1997 7:26 AM
>
> I'm really appreciate everybody's input on this.  To answer some of the
> questions . . . . .
>
> I have installed the latest V2 version.
> I checked the dsmerror.log and there is nothing in there.
>
> I just went over to run dsmc to look at the messages as suggested here
and lo
> and behold it doesn't even run.  There's a little blip on the screen and
I'm
> right back to the C:\Win32app\IBM\ADSM\BACLIENT prompt.  I checked to see
if
> the executable was even there and it is.  I ran DSMSCVC.exe and that ran
> fine.
>
> Does anybody think this could possibly be a memory problem?
>
> Again, thanks for all the help so far.
>

> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 11/13/97 06:57:05 AM
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ INTERNET
> cc:
> Subject: Re: ADSM and the NT Service
>
> Beth,
>
>   I agree with the advice of attempting to run the DSMC.exe from a
command
>   prompt to see if it will display other messages.  I have run into ADSM
> complaining about not finding certain files before.  FYI.  The nodename
> being unreadable in the registry is not right.  If you had run the
dsmcsvci
> (I assume you had) it should have been fine.  I have had to manually
enter
> the the clientnodename correctly before.
>
> Are you on the latest client code? 2.1.0.6g, I think.
>
> Dan T.
>
> ----------
> > From: Moir,Elizabeth <Elizabeth.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
> > To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> > Subject: Re: ADSM and the NT Service
> > Date: Wednesday, November 12, 1997 2:25 PM
> >
> > Here's what I've done so far.
> >
> > 1.  I pinged VM (that's the alias for our ADSM server) - That worked
> okay.
> > 2.  I pinged the ADSM server IP address - That worked okay.
> > 3.  I  changed the TCPServerAddress in the options file to the full
> address
> > instead of the alias.  I tried to execute the ADSM Client.  It blipped
on
> the
> > screen and disappeared.
> > 4.  I uninstalled the NT Service and tried to execute the ADSM Client.
> Same
> > blip.
> > 5.  I uninstalled the entire ADSM client and reinstalled it.  (Compact
> > install, all defaults accepted.)  Tried to execute the ADSM Client.
Same