ADSM-L

Time to update db to V3

1997-11-10 16:59:45
Subject: Time to update db to V3
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:59:45 -0800
Does anyone have any war stories in updating their databases from
V2 to V3 yet?

We updated a test DB (ca. 2GB) a couple of weeks ago, and that
process went very quickly (< 10min). I'm wondering how long it's
going to take us to update our main (32GB) database.

Just wondering if anybody has done the full migration, yet.

 -- Tom

"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
 game and the good lord came to take me   DBA, Feature Animation
 the next day ... at least I could        DreamWorks SKG
 die happy." - Beano Cook, ESPN           <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>