ADSM-L

Restoring ADSM database without a backup

1997-11-06 22:03:51
Subject: Restoring ADSM database without a backup
From: "Mr. Marko Alexis Palomino Alcala" <mpalomi AT PUCP.EDU DOT PE>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 22:03:51 -0500
We have a 10 Gb ADSM databse that holds over 200Gb of database ojjects. We
defined 8 database files of 1G each one, we have lost the seventh
one(erased) and now we have a broken sequence of files that dont let the
ADSM server start.
We dont have a useful databse backup, so what we have done is :

-DUMP OF THE EXISTING DATABASE FILES
-LOAD IT TO A NEW DATABASE
-LOAD IT TO A NEW DATABASE
PERFORM A DATABASE AUDIT(STILL RUNING)
PERFORM A DATABASE AUDIT(STILL RUNING)

We are trying to recover everithing what is possible.

What do you think about the situation...

AN IBM expert is working on a solution that will recreate the
files(images) without using the database, only reading the backup
cartdriges we have(backup of data(images) not an ADSM database backup(we
dont have it)).