ADSM-L

Upgrading to ADSM V3.1

1997-11-06 14:33:05
Subject: Upgrading to ADSM V3.1
From: Karen Roberts <kvr AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 14:33:05 -0500
Greetings -

There have been some questions about the upgrade from ADSM V2 to ADSM V3. I
hope the following statements will help clarify this:

 1)  If you upgrade to a V3 server, then you must purchase a User Registration
Upgrade for each client registered to the server, regardless of what level your
client code is. Remember, we don't charge for the client CODE, we charge for
the client CONNECTION to the server.

2)  If you stay on the V2 SERVER, you may upgrade to the V3 client code and you
don't owe any money. We
encourage you to migrate to the V3 level clients as they become available.
There have been many improvements
in the function and GUI in the V3 clients. The CD-ROM(s) containing the V3
client support are part of the ADSM V3
Program Package and cannot be ordered separately, but the V3 clients may be
downloaded from the ADSM
Anonymous FTP server at:  index.storsys.ibm.com.

! Caution !
Once you back up data using a V3 client, regardless of the server platform
level, you CANNOT access that
data from the V2 client.

Regards,
Karen Roberts, ADSM Business Planning, kvr AT us.ibm DOT com

K.V. Roberts, ADSM Business Planning
8/276-9061 or (408) 256-9061