ADSM-L

Re: What are your clients?

1997-11-06 10:40:31
Subject: Re: What are your clients?
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 07:40:31 -0800

We provide users with network storage, and don't back up invividual
workstations. Keeps things easy to manage, we just back up a couple of
servers instead of hundreds of machines. The disk towers are all Raid 5,
and though we occasionally loose a drive, the raid has yet to fail. We
use several canned setups for the workstations, which are stored on the
network. When a workstation fails, we just rebuild from this.