ADSM-L

Exabyte Mammoth vs. 3570

1997-11-06 11:13:00
Subject: Exabyte Mammoth vs. 3570
From: Christo Heuër <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 16:13:00 -0000
Hi,

I'm in the process of evaluating an Exabyte 440 tape library
with Mammoth drives and a 3575 L06.
My server platform will be WinNt and most
of the clients will be connected via 16M/Bit Token Ring. (I know
we should be running ATM/FDDI, but over here it is VERY
expensive!)

Has anyone used one of these libraries and can share
some good/bad experiences with me?

I've heard some very good things about the mammoth
in terms of future performance that will make the 3570
look like it's standing still.
Does not matter if your server is on another platform, the
main thing is the reliability of the drives/ATL and performance.
We will be rolling out ADSM big time and I don't want to
choose the wrong library to do this with...

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Christo Heuër
ABSA Group