ADSM-L

ADSM V3 client

1997-11-05 04:48:00
Subject: ADSM V3 client
From: TOMAS NORBERG <TONO02 AT HANDELSBANKEN DOT SE>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 10:48:00 +0100
--- Received from CHK.TONO02  +46 8 7013620         97-11-05 10.48
  -> IN=ADSM-L(a)VM.MARIST.EDU
  -> IN=ADSM-L(a)VM.MARIST.EDU

Hello Eric!

I found this at http://www.storage.ibm.com/software/adsm/adsercli.htm:

ADSM Server/Client Compatibility

ADSM clients and servers can be upgraded from Version 2 to Version 3 at
different times. Be
aware of these server/client compatibilities as you plan your migration:

     An ADSM Version 3 client can perform backup, restore, archive, and
retrieve functions to
     an ADSM Version 2 server.

     An ADSM Version 2 client can perform backup, restore, archive, and
retrieve functions to
     an ADSM Version 3 server.

     Data backed up from an ADSM Version 3 client to any ADSM server cannot be
restored to
     an ADSM Version 2 client.

     The ADSM Version 3 administrative GUI on Windows NT can perform
administrative
     functions for an ADSM Version 2 server, but invoking ADSM Version 3
functions will
     cause error messages.

     All command line administrative clients can administer ADSM Version 2 and
3 servers.

Regards

Tomas Norberg