ADSM-L

copy node from one pool to another?

2015-10-04 18:03:48
Subject: copy node from one pool to another?
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/4/97 8:44AM
A couple of things that could be done....

1.  If storage pool x is on tape, and the pool is collocated, then a Move
data command for the volumes the node is using would do what you want.

2.  If #1 is not the case, then you need to Export and then import the data
to move it from one pool to another.  Between the export and the import, the
node would need to be deleted an re-added.  A little time consuming, but a
new full backup would not be needed.

Of course, your suggested manner will work too, but at the expense of
inactive versions of data, and also archives of any files that no longer
exist.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/4/97 8:44 AM

Dear ADSM-ers,

I have a policy domain X which points to a storage pool X.
I have another policy domain Y which points to a storage pool Y.
I also have a copy storage pool Z.
Pool Y is backed up to Z on a regular basis.
Pool X is not backed up.
There is a node N which was registered to domain X, and which has data
backed up on storage pool X.
The node is updated to be registered to domain Y, so any new and changed
files will be backed up to pool Y.
Question: can I move on the server the 'old' files belonging to node N
from pool X to pool Y? Or do I have to delete the original filespaces
and
make a new first incremental (full) backup from the client?

Greetings,
Pieter Groen