ADSM-L

Re: Processor usage Sun client

1997-11-04 02:40:30
Subject: Re: Processor usage Sun client
From: Bjorn Sandvik <BHS AT STATOIL DOT NO>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 08:40:30 +0100
You have to run several parallell job streams.  The easiest way to do that,
is to change your backup schedule from INCREMENTAL to COMMAND, and insert
the name of a "parent" backup script as OBJECT, e.g.
/opt/IBMDSMba5/adsm_backup

That script has to start several "child" backup scripts (in background),
doing the real backup.  It's a good idea to let the parent script wait for
the child scripts to complete before returning control to the scheduler.
(This will give the scheduler an idea of wether the backup is running or
not.)

Each child scripts has to set and export environement variable DSM_CONFIG
to its own dsm.opt file, e.g. /opt/IBMDSMba5/dsm.opt_1 .  Afterwords it
runs dsmc:

dsmc incr > /<Your backup log directory>/backup_log_1 2>&1

The clue is that you have to split your total number of filesystems across
the different dsm.opt files, each file containing a set of DOMAIN records
to assign a filesystem to a specific job stream.

WARNING:  This has to be maintained manually, and filesystems NOT defined
on any DOMAIN record, will NEVER be backed up!

Bjorn Harald Sandvik
Statoil