ADSM-L

ADSM with remote sites

1997-11-03 19:35:23
Subject: ADSM with remote sites
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 08:35:23 +0800
I have sent this query before, but with no respons so have clarified my
request slightly and reposted.

We are about to implement ADSM in a mixed UNIX (mostly AIX) and NT
environment.  Centrally we plan to use a 3494 with 2 3590 drives on an
RS/6000 R40 Server.  We will be installing version 3.  We also have
remote sites (NT) where large quantities of data are changed on a daily
basis with relatively slow network connections, too slow in fact to
backup this data centrally.

Has anybody any experience in this sort of environment.  We would like
to have tape devices attached to servers in the remote locations to
backup the remote data and keep all the indexes, management and admin
on the central ADSM server.

I would like to be able to physically transport the remote tapes to the
central site to then load this data into a different tape pool in the
3494 library.

I would appreciate hearing of other peoples experiences.

Regards,
Simon