ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 1 Nov 1997 to 2 Nov 1997

1997-11-03 14:01:32
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 1 Nov 1997 to 2 Nov 1997
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:01:32 -0800
I, too, would like to hear from someone at IBM on this issue. We
brought this up more than a year ago with ADSM pre-sales support,
and I thought it was resolved that the limitation was on 2GB
files, not 2GB filesystems.

We have been backing up XFS filesystems much greater than 2GB
(36GB, 72GB, and 128GB) for over a year now. We are also now
beginning to backup up IRIX 6.4 XFS filesystems.

This is of great concern to us, as we were given the impression
over a year ago that >2GB XFS filesystems were supported by ADSM.
That was one of the primary reasons we went ahead and implemented
ADSM when we did.

 -- Tom