ADSM-L

Re: EBU/AIX and ADSM

1997-10-31 13:58:38
Subject: Re: EBU/AIX and ADSM
From: Scott Meade <Meade.Scott AT BASCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:58:38 -0600
This library is included with an IBM product called ADSMConnect.  Allegedly, a
beta version of this shipped with early ADSM server code, but I can't confirm
this.

The product is about $5k (US) per copy, with one copy needed per database
server to be backed up.  I tested this with EBU for a client, and came to the
recommendation of buying SQL-BackTrack from Datatools (now BMC).

>>> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christo_Heu=EBr?= <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA> 10/31 4:28 AM

Hi,

Is anybody using the EBU module on AIX to
interface with ADSM?

We have a problem installing the EBU on AIX,
it looks for the file /usr/lib/libobk.a and can not
find it and thus do not install.
Where does this file come from?

Our oracle dba likes the idea of having ADSM
take care of the management of the backups and
would like to see this go in as quick as possible.

Thanks
Christo Heuër
ABSA Group
Johannesburg