ADSM-L

Can a primary tape pool migrate to disk?

1997-10-31 11:21:49
Subject: Can a primary tape pool migrate to disk?
From: "Clendenny, Ronald D." <rdclendenny AT CAL.UE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:21:49 -0600
Hi ADSM'rs,

I have been trying to get a primary tape pool to migrate back to my
primary disk storage pool.  Even though I have set HI and LO to various
vaules that should trigger migration, no process is fired off.

I realize I could use MOVE DATA, but that requires me to issue a command
for each volume.  If I could migrate, I could easily move the entire
storage pool up there (ultimately to be migrated to a co-located primary
tape pool).

I have no problem migrating disk-to-tape or tape-to-tape, it's just this
tape-to-disk.

Thanks,

Ron Clendenny
Callaway Nuclear Plant