ADSM-L

migration/mount waits

1997-10-30 09:20:19
Subject: migration/mount waits
From: Tom Tann{s <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 15:20:19 +0100
When migration from a diskpool to a collocated tapepool is running,
several output-volumes will be needed.
For each volume that needs to be mountet the process will wait for the
tape to be mounted. (we have a 3494 with 4 3590's, and the average
mount-time is about 60 seconds)

During this wait-time the show process command (admin CLI) will at the end
of its output say for example

Waiting for mount of output volume BCK326 (7521 seconds)

(in this case the migration-process had been running for about two hours
an was wating for it's 22nd tape to be mounted)

If this number (7521) was right, something wold be terribly wrong with the
library. (the other tapedrives were not bysy)
But the tape was mounted in less than one miunte...

I then thougt the number could be the accumulated wait-time for the
process. But it's not.

It's actually the total of all the wait-time plus the time each tape has
been mounted. Which adds up to be about the total running time of the
process....

NOt a major problem, but it's quite annoying.. ANyone else seen this?
Comments?