ADSM-L

Re: Archive multiples directories on NT

2015-10-04 18:04:42
Subject: Re: Archive multiples directories on NT
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 10/29/97 9:07AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but check your manual.....

the \...\ wildcard is ONLY valid for Include/exclude statements (page 78 of
the Windows backup-archive client manual.  It is not valid for any DSMC
commands - they only support * and ?  (page 24, also page 159).

Therefore, you must code:

DSMC ARCHIVE c:\user1\ARCHIVE\*
DSMC ARCHIVE c:\user2\DOC\*
DSMC ARCHIVE c:\user2\ARCHIVE\*
DSMC ARCHIVE c:\user3\ARCHIVE\*

Not a pretty answer.....

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

P.S.  If there are multiple directories under the ARCHIVE directory in the
above example, you could use -subdir=yes as an operand on the DSMC command.

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    10/29/97 9:07 AM

Sterckx Philippe wrote:

> Hi ADSMers,
>
> I try to archive multiple directories on a drive on NT server.
> Example :
>
> c:\user1\ARCHIVE
>    \user2\DOC
>         \ARCHIVE
>    \user3\ARCHIVE
>
> I tried : dsmc arch c:\*\ARCHIVE\* but he didn't accept the mask in the
> path.
>
> If you have a solution...answer me please
>
> Philippe Sterckx
>
> philippe.sterckx AT electrabel DOT be

The solution is after the word 'solution' in your mail: three dots is
the 'wild card' for directory specifications, so:
   dsmc arch c: \...\ARCHIVE\*
will do the job.

Greetings,
Pieter Groen