ADSM-L

Doing restores from tapes

1997-10-28 16:33:42
Subject: Doing restores from tapes
From: Marita Gonsalves <marita_gonsalves AT CARYACADEMY.PVT.K12.NC DOT US>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:33:42 -0500
Every now and then, when attempting to a restore, ADSM prompts me to
check in a tape that is not in the library.  At times, the check in
process goes very smoothly.  At other times (which is fairly often), it
just refuses to find the tape that needs to be checked in.   Specifying
the vol. to be checked in hasn't worked too well for me since ADSM
requests a particular element for the tape and there is invariably
another volume in the element ADSM requests.  I can check the tapes in
after I do an "audit library".
I'm an ADSM neophyte, btw and I'm probably not doing something right.
We use DLT4700 tape libraries for backups/restores.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
                                Thanks,
                                Marita Gonsalves
                                Cary Academy - ISC