ADSM-L

Re: SQL Backtrack: Lousy performance on restores over TCP/IP

1997-10-25 18:09:43
Subject: Re: SQL Backtrack: Lousy performance on restores over TCP/IP
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 22:09:43 GMT
Replying to: Harold Rubin <HRubin AT MOBILE.BAM DOT COM> (Wed, 22 Oct 1997
10:24:27
EDT)

>I haven't tried this yet with ADSM, but I have done tuning on our Epoch
>Backup systems to resolve a similar problem.  Assuming it's not due to
>SQL*Backtrack, using the "no -a" command in AIX, verify your tcp_sendspace
>and tcp_recvspace values on both your clients and server.  I believe that
>the default for the SP2 is 16384.  The value itself is not that important,
>but the values on both the client and the server must be the same.  If they
>are not the same, you can change them with "no -o".  Hope this helps.

I think we got it. It looks like an API related problem. We had increased
TCPWindowsize in dsmserv.opt *and* dsm.sys to 512. It looks like the API
doesn't like it to be higher than 32 on the client. We changed it back to 32
and the problem disapeared.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature...

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,