ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Solaris2.6 Client

1997-10-24 05:37:58
Subject: Re: ADSM Solaris2.6 Client
From: Espen Toren <Espen.Toren AT HDA.HYDRO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:37:58 +0200
Michael R Vogt wrote:

> Connie,
>
> > Is there an ADSM Solaris 2.6 client?    We have a user who needs it, and
> > says the Solaris 2.5 client doesn't work.
> >
> > Has anyone out there had this problem, maybe the 2.5 client does work,
> > if so how, etc.
>
> No, there is no 2.6 client yet. We now have several 2.6 clients using the
> 2.5.1 software with no problems.
>
> You just need to modify the preinstall script (and the pkgmap file)
> so that it lets you do the install. Attached is what I did.
>
> .
> .
> .

I have done the same thing in our test-environment. The ADSM client 2.1.07
client
installed correctly, but we seem to have som problems during restore.

Restoring some files I get an error message saying I have a write-access
problem.
This happens in spite of restoring to a local disk as root.

Anyone else who have experienced this problem ?

Espen Toren
Norsk Hydro ASA