ADSM-L

Recovery log full

1997-10-23 18:39:59
Subject: Recovery log full
From: Mark Rizzo <RizzoM AT MAIL.DEC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 18:39:59 -0400
Recently, DSMSERV refused to start on my RS6000 server
due to not enough free space in the recovery log. I'm
running in "roll-forward" mode with the database backup
trigger set to 90% (of the recovery log). For some reason,
the database could not be backed up and the log
must have filled to capacity. My question is-
what path does the database backup take?
Does it follow a management class like other
client backups (i.e. dump to backup pool)? Or
does it follow some special type of backup scheme?
I'm trying to find out if I have a disk problem (backup
pool) or a tape problem (3590pool).

Thanks,

MJ. Rizzo
DOD