ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Solaris2.6 Client

1997-10-23 12:47:32
Subject: Re: ADSM Solaris2.6 Client
From: Michael R Vogt <vogt AT AUK.NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 12:47:32 -0400
Connie,

> Is there an ADSM Solaris 2.6 client?    We have a user who needs it, and
> says the Solaris 2.5 client doesn't work.
>
> Has anyone out there had this problem, maybe the 2.5 client does work,
> if so how, etc.

No, there is no 2.6 client yet. We now have several 2.6 clients using the
2.5.1 software with no problems.

You just need to modify the preinstall script (and the pkgmap file)
so that it lets you do the install. Attached is what I did.

Michael Vogt
vogt AT nist DOT gov

# do the following as root
# translate the package from "datastream" format to file system format

cd /tmp
pkgtrans sol25.pkg /tmp
        select 2 only (for backup/archive client)
cd /tmp/IBMDSMba5/install
# fix the preinstall script

vi preinstall
        change:
                if [ `uname -r` != 5.5 ] && [ `uname -r` != 5.5.1 ]
        to:
                if [ `uname -r` != 5.5 ] && [ `uname -r` != 5.5.1 ] && [ `uname
-r` != 5.6 ]
        remove:
                  echo "This version is for Solaris 2.5 and 2.5.1 only."
# fix modification date to match what's in /tmp/IBMDSMba5/pkgmap

touch -m -r postinstall preinstall

# get the size and checksum

ls -l preinstall
sum preinstall

cd /tmp/IBMDSMba5
vi pkgmap
        fix size and checksum for preinstall
# translate the package back from file system format to "datastream" format

cd /tmp
pkgtrans -s /tmp /dev/stdout IBMDSMba5 > sol26.pkg