ADSM-L

Re: Novell gurus out there...

1997-10-23 11:38:57
Subject: Re: Novell gurus out there...
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:38:57 -0400
First -
Always check to make sure that the process is cancelled from the ADSM
server.
If you don't cancel the process you will crash the server.

we put the following lines in the DSM.OPT file:

NWPWFILE YES
NWUSER ".CN.OU.OU.O"

Replace the NDS context to fit your environment. We use "" because out
backup operator account name has spaces.

This identifies the account name that ADSM uses.
NWPWFILE creates an encrypted password file for that account.

Good luck!

Cris Robinson
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst
Technical Support