ADSM-L

Re: Platform=Password check ???

1997-10-23 08:33:28
Subject: Re: Platform=Password check ???
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:33:28 -0400
I'm guessing that these clients were installed at version 2.1.0.5. This is the
problem described by APAR IC15572, which is fixed with PTF IP20993 (version
2.1.0.6), available on the FTP site. I've extracted portions of the APAR below
that explain the problem. Note that for those clients already affected, there
is no way to change the platform type without deleting and redefining the node.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support

 ERROR DESCRIPTION:
 When an ADSM Windows NT client makes its first connection to
 an ADSM server through the Update/Display Registry Values menu
 (under the ADSM Scheduler Service Installation Utility menu) the
 platform that is recorded on the server is "Password Check".
 This platform type appears in the session messages during the
 client's initial connections in the above scneario. It is also
 permanently recorded in the node definition.
 LOCAL FIX:
 Delete and redefine the node. Make sure that the first
 connection to the server is through the standard client (not
 through the ADSM Scheduler Service Installation Utility).
 PROBLEM SUMMARY:
 * USERS AFFECTED: Windows NT Client                            *
 * PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: When an ADSM Win NT client makes its    *
 * first connection to an ADSM server via the Update/Display    *
 * Registry Values menu in the ADSM Scheduler Service           *
 * Installation Utility menu, the platform that is recorded on  *
 * the server is "Password Check".                              *
 PROBLEM CONCLUSION: The service installation routine sent
 "Password Check" as the node type to the server when the first
 connection to the server was made in the service installation
 utility menu.  Hence, the platform name on the server became
 "Password Check".Changed code so that the platform name was
 sent to the server instead.
 TEMPORARY FIX: Delete and redefine the node.  Make sure that
 the first connection to the server is through the standard
 client (not through the ADSM Scheduler Service Installation
 Utility).

        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        10-23-97 01:06 PM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ internet