ADSM-L

AIX db backup problems

1997-10-17 13:33:08
Subject: AIX db backup problems
From: Bob Booth - CSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 11:33:08 -0600
I seem to be having some type of problem backing up my ADSM database.  The
problem occurs on either a full or incremental backup.

Usually during the backup I get a ANR4554I message that increments at around
2500 to 3000 pages every 15 seconds.  For the last two weeks, database
backups are proceeding at about 150 - 250 pages every 15 seconds.

I have a backup running now, it is running slow 100 pages every ANR4554I, and
there is nothing else happening on the server!

If I shutdown and restart the server, the backup goes back to what I expect.

Has anyone seen this or know the cause?  This is an AIX ADSM server at level
V2 R1 M5.13+

Bob Booth - UIUC