ADSM-L

Re: Notes Agent problems

1997-10-15 20:51:04
Subject: Re: Notes Agent problems
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:51:04 +1000
Trevor Foley@BT_AUSTRALIA
16/10/97 10:51 AM

Hi Cyndie,

Thanks for your response.

We are unable to do any testing along the lines that you suggest as we
don't have the common object store enabled (yet). But we wanted to know
whether it worked or not just in case we dediced to enable it. So now we
know.

As far as our other problem is concerned (folders being empty after
restore), this is documented in the release notes (slap my wrist for not
reading it previously). What the release notes say is exactly what we are
seeing. Folders are restore, all documents are restored, but the pointers
between folders and documents are not. Unfortunately, this makes the Notes
Agent totally unusable for us.

We are pretty dissappointed that a product that we have been waiting on now
for over 18 months does not support Notes funcationality that was provided
in Notes Release 4. Given that it is a requirement that we run Notes 4.5 as
a minimum when using the Notes Agent, we would have expected that the Agent
would support all Notes functions in 4.5.

Trevor