ADSM-L

adsm security question

2015-10-04 18:04:42
Subject: adsm security question
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 10/14/97 4:04PM
Curiosity has forced me to ask this - it's too early in the morning here for
self control!  :-)>

Sherry outlined one reason for keeping a separate pool for each client, but
frankly it is a lot of work and overhead on both the administrator, and on
the system itself.  Is there some other reason (than the one Sherry outlined)
that leads you to do this?

BTW, the answer to your question about scratch tapes is YES.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    10/14/97 4:04 PM

Greetings,
My questions is, can adsm keep multiple clients data seperated
into different tape libraries ?  I have a security reason for this
request, in that adsm can backup multiple client data to one adsm
server and migrate to tape but that the client data not be jumbled together.

So, could adsm have seperate storage pools which would migrate
to different tape libraries keeping client data seperated.
or does anyone have any suggestions on how I could address this ?

Thank you in advance,
- Tom