ADSM-L

IBM PDM backup of large directory times out

1997-10-14 14:10:30
Subject: IBM PDM backup of large directory times out
From: Dennis Riley <riley AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:10:30 -0400
Hello,
 We are using IBM's PDM on AIX and are attempting to backup a repository
directory containing over 80,000 files (yes, that's right, one directory -
no subdirectories). I have set the ADSM v2r1m9 server on MVS to have an
IDLETIMEout of 120 minutes. The process still times out. Anybody else
experience this and if so, how did you fix it without changing the
IDLETIMEout to some large amount of time. The client is on AIX 4.1 , ADSM
v2r1m6.

Dennis Riley               riley AT timken DOT com
Technical Principal        330-471-3515
The Timken Company         Canton, OH