ADSM-L

ADSM V3 for VM

1997-10-13 11:55:55
Subject: ADSM V3 for VM
From: Janice Fisher <SNOJEF AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:55:55 EDT
Time to "show our hand" as well.

We run 4, Ver 2 ADSM servers on VM/ESA 2.2.  Our client count
increases at a rate of 100/month and it's currently about
1500.  We backed up 900G across all servers in the month of
September.

Since we have realized that IBM is not planning on V3 ADSM
for VM, we have already begun the investigation of using
other vendor products.  In addition, we've brought an ADSM Windows NT
server online which has proven to be neither as robust as the VM
server not have as manageable a tape solution for our shop.

Needless to say, we are VERY disappointed that IBM has abandoned
VM in it's ADSM V3 plans and we are MOST definitely reviewing
alternate solutions.

* Janice E. Fisher                 SNOJEF AT VM.SAS DOT COM  *
* SAS Institute, Inc.              677-8000 x6710     *
* SAS Campus Dr.                   Mailstop E204      *
* Cary, NC  27513                                     *