ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Version 3 announce for AIX, NT, and MVS

1997-10-10 22:20:09
Subject: Re: ADSM Version 3 announce for AIX, NT, and MVS
From: Mark Wheeler <mlwheeler AT MMM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 21:20:09 -0500
*** Resending note of 10/10/97 09:40
From: Mark L. Wheeler    Phone (612)733-4355  FAX (612)736-7689
      3M IT Centralized Tech Services
      3M Center 224-4N-20, St. Paul, MN 55144-1000

>Hmmmm... time for an electronic show of hands! How many listers are
>using ADSM on VM (be it version 1 or version 2)? Will not having V3
>force your company/institution rethink ADSM as your backup solution?

3M is running ADSM/VM on an IBM 9672, an IBM 9121, with IBM RAMAC-2 disk
and an IBM 3494 tape library. Over the last several months, evaluations
of other backup products have been taking place. ADSM is facing very
stiff competition, especially in light of their inability to get ADSM to
work on the alternative platform. Without ADSM/VM Version 3, a non-IBM
product that runs under a non-IBM operating system on a non-IBM processor
with non-IBM disk and non-IBM tape will probably be selected.

>My official title is 'ADSM Systems Programmer' and I just had cards
>made - it'd be a shame to have to throw them away....

Just pencil in 'Not' in front of your title. ;-)  Then resume your
speaking tour at SHARE etc extolling the virtues of the 'Not ADSM'
product. I'm sure the ADSM folks would understand...