ADSM-L

Re[2]: ADSM Version 3 announce for AIX, NT, and MVS -Reply

1997-10-10 13:08:52
Subject: Re[2]: ADSM Version 3 announce for AIX, NT, and MVS -Reply
From: IM Tech IBM <IBM1 AT MEPCOM-SMTP.ARMY DOT MIL>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:08:52 -0500
I think the issue is more than is there going to be a V3 for VM or is it do I
need any of the functionality of V3.  If VM for ADSM is doing fine now is
there any real need for V3.  If IBM doesn't plan to drop support for V2
where is the problem.

Until this week, I always thought MVS as one of the first servers for ADSM.
 I remember complaining that the ADSM DB could not be managed by
DFHSM therefore not SMS managed as well.  At time, I said this was typical
for IBM to develop a product that can't use it's own space management
system.  And for good reason.  We get enough ADSM mounts as it is
without having to worry about DFHSM mounts.

Note:  These thoughts are my own and not those of my employer for whom
I am a contractor.