ADSM-L

Dallas ADSM User Group Meeting

1997-10-09 19:44:50
Subject: Dallas ADSM User Group Meeting
From: Claudia Masters <cmaster1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 18:44:50 -0500
From: Claudia Masters, Oscar Ramirez, Ross Obermeyer
Subject: Dallas ADSM User Group Meeting 10/23
The next Dallas ADSM Users Group meeting will be held October 23
(Thursday). We will meet from 1-3pm at the IBM offices LBJ and Luna Road.
This is the same location as our kickoff meeting in August.  We are
scheduling this meeting to coincide with an Oracle Backup and Recovery
Seminar scheduled during the morning. Come to the free morning seminar
8am-12 on "Backup and Recovery Solutions for Oracle Databases" and then
stay for our ADSM Users Group meeting from 1-3pm.

Contact Claudia Masters if you have any questions cmaster1 AT tuelectric DOT
com.
     Here are the seminar details from an earlier announcement:
IBM and BMC Software, with its newly acquired company, DataTools, will
deliver a free half-day seminar titled, "Backup and Recovery Solutions for
Oracle Databases".
When you register for this free half-day seminar you'll learn about:
o  Why Storage Management and IBM's ADSTAR Distributed Storage
   Manager (ADSM) are important for databases.
o  How SQL-BackTrack automates backups and provides fully guided
   recovery
o  How to simplify the planning and execution of backups and recoveries
   for Oracle with PATROL Recovery Manager
To register for the free morning seminar, call 800-574-4262,
or register at www.bmc.com/events/seminars, or email todd_sharp AT bmc DOT com
============Schedule=====================
Thursday Oct 23rd at IBM Dallas, 1605 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75234 Room
2083
8:00 am    Continental Breakfast and Registration
8:30 am    Presentations begin
12:00 noon Seminar end
-break for lunch-
1:00 pm    ADSM Users Group Meeting starts (introductions)
1:00 pm    ADSM Users Group Meeting starts (introductions)
1:00-1:30  Scope/Vision of Users Group
(How can we make our users group successful, schedule next meeting)
1:30 pm    Continue Q/A with IBM/BMC seminar speakers, or general
discussion on ADSM use, share successes, and ask the experts.
3:00 pm   adjourn

     Register for the free morning Oracle/ADSM seminar and join us for the
afternoon ADSM Users Group.  If you can't attend the morning, come to the
Users Group meeting 1-3pm.  You don't have to register for the Users Group
meeting, just come and share your experiences or ideas with other ADSM
users. Help us make this Users Group a success. We look forward to seeing
you Thursday Oct 23.
Regards,
Claudia, Oscar, and Ross
Dallas ADSM User Group