ADSM-L

Speeding up Win NT client

1997-10-09 15:34:41
Subject: Speeding up Win NT client
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 15:34:41 -0400
I have a 20GB Win NT (Lotus Notes) client that isn't finishing in the
backup window.  I've decided to run a full incremental on the weekends,
and just do a selective backup of the  2 main directories nightly.  I
submit one through the ADSM scheduler, and I submit the other at the
same time, with the AT command.  Both have slowed down, I suppose due to
machine or network bottleneck.  If I assume it's network, can I just put
another network card in the box?  Will ADSM know to use one adapter for
one session, and the other for the other session?  Does the hardware do
load balancing?  Does ADSM?
Thanks anyone!
Julie Phinney
JPHINNEY AT HUMANA DOT COM