ADSM-L

Re: Dr. Watson with backup client on NT 4.0

1997-10-08 09:10:10
Subject: Re: Dr. Watson with backup client on NT 4.0
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 08:10:10 -0500
Andrea,

  The divide by zero error is commonly found when there is an audio CD in a
CD-ROM drive.  This has also occurred to folks with unusual storage
hardware installed or NFS software running.  The trigger seems to be when 0
is reported for total space.

Let us know if this is not the case in your installation.

Good luck,
 Dan T.

----------
> From: Andrea Bellinzaghi <andrea.bellinzaghi AT JRC DOT IT>
> From: Andrea Bellinzaghi <andrea.bellinzaghi AT JRC DOT IT>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: Dr. Watson with backup client on NT 4.0
> Date: Wednesday, October 08, 1997 4:40 AM
>
> Hi,
>
> of few nt 4.0 ws (sp3) this Dr. Watson's error comes up when I try to
start adsm client (gui or command line) :

> exception: divide by zero (0xc0000094), Address: 0x004746ed
>
> I still haven't found the differences between NTs where adsm works and
NTs where doesn't.