ADSM-L

NT client

1997-10-08 08:40:28
Subject: NT client
From: Sharon Stidd <sstidd AT CLOVER DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 08:40:28 -0400
Hello everyone.

I have an NT 3.1 client that runs adsm as a service.  I have it auto starting
when the machine is logged in as administrator. However, all too often, the
machine gets logged out and back in as some other user. Of course adsm does not
work at this point.  Our NT administrator wants to know:

If the remote devices could be backed up by UNC name as opposed to mapping them
to the machine.
My next option is to try logging into the machine as ADSM, mapping the drives
to that user then logoff the console and see if the backups work correctly

Does anyone else have this problem or any insight? I look forward to hearing
from you.

Sharon