ADSM-L

Admin Scheduler Event Filter HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\AdminClient\ADSM

2015-10-04 18:04:41
Subject: Admin Scheduler Event Filter HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\AdminClient\ADSM
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 10/6/97 10:12AM
******
As I am thinking about this, I remember a bug we have discovered.  If I
remember correctly, it was more appropriate to the Admin client under
Win95,
rather than NT, though.  The problem was that the amount of data retrieved
by
some searches caused the video buffers to be blown out - in other words, we
could select all of the data, but we couldn't display it all.  Things that
gave us real trouble were things like display the tape pool (where we had
6000+ tapes.)  We got around it 2 different ways...... first was trying the
above REGEDIT process - we identified the keywords that in this case needed
to be added (it was a new user, and he had never successfully been able to
set the value in the first place).  The other way was to set the monitor to
16 colors - this gave us more area to work with, and prevented us from
blowing the buffers in the first place.  We then did the function, set the
limit, and then set the user back to 256 colors.  This wasn't pretty, (16
colors), and required a couple of boots to get it straight, but the client
was limited by his administrator - couldn't do a regedit.
We APARed the situation, and if I remember, it was accepted.  What we
wanted
was the ability to set the scope of the search via the include BEFORE the
first search was performed.
Hope this helps
Jerry Lawson
 jlawson AT thehartford DOT com