ADSM-L

ADSM-Oracle/EBU agent for HP/UX

1997-10-03 13:49:42
Subject: ADSM-Oracle/EBU agent for HP/UX
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 10:49:42 PDT
>Bonjour,
>
>I've heard from local rep that the ADSM-Oracle agent (interface with
>Oracle EBU or Recovery Manager in the future) is available by IBM but
>only for AIX. Does anybody knows about a release date for this agent
>under HP/Unix?
>
>Thanks a lot for your input et bon week-end...
>
>Ren=E9 Lambelet - (3543 - *A581=20
>Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestl=E9 - CH-1800 Vevey
>T=E9l: ++41/21/924'35'43 / Fax: ++41/21/924'45'89
>E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com

Rene, we have ADSMConnect Agents for Oracle on AIX and Solaris today.
We are working on agents for HP and NT....they are not officially
announced yet so I can't give you an official date, but we are
working towards 1Q98.

You have two other online backup alternatives for ORacle on HP avail today:
1) Oracle alter tablespace begin and end backup commands along with
   adsm commands (if oracle is on file systems) or the adsmpipe utility
   (if oracle is on raw devices)

2) BMC DataTools SQL-BackTrack, which interfaces to ADSM's api.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)